Valencia, Spain, 1991. This saxophonist is one of the young talents who is shaping the next generation of the Spanish jazz scene’s front line musicians. The natural inquisitiveness of this saxophonist has allowed him, since he was a child, to be around great musicians such as the renowned Perico Sambeat, among others, who realized his potential and helped him to develop it. Still just a kid, Víctor Jiménez has already shared the stage with professional musicians, taking part in numerous jam sessions,which have propelled his rapid musical growth. In addition to learning through experience, this saxophonist has embarked upon higher education at the Conservatory and has also studied, in many seminars and workshops, with remarkable jazzmen and educators like Bob Mintzer, Jerry Bergonzi and Mark Turner. Victor’s versatility and stylistic richness make him a musician in demand in the Spanish jazz panorama, participating in numerous and diverse projects.The distinctive sound and personality that he provides to the instrument, and his ability for absorbing new influences and languages, has led him to assume soloist roles in all kinds of formations, from Big Bands to trios. Currently, Víctor Jiménez continues to develop his expertise by participating in remarkable Spanish Jazz Festivals and playing in emblematic jazz clubs and cultural institutions as a leader or accompanying distinguished musicians like pianist Albert Sanz, trumpeters David Pastor and Jorge Vistel, bassists Matt Baker and Dee Jay Foster and guitarist Ximo Tébar, among many others. Likewise, Víctor Jiménez collaborates with pop and Brazilian music singers like Sole Giménez and Thaïs Morell. His nourished career leads audiences and specialized critics to define him already as one of the most influential Spanish musicians and his name can be seen on main jazz programs.
Jazz workshop. Sax and jazz and Workshop of memorization and transcription in SEDAJAZZ (musicians collective). 2013-14.
Discography and recordings
- Cd Swing Up with the Bigband Sedajazz (V-4169-2010) li>
- Cd Brasiliana with the orchestra "a base de sopro" by Sedajazz & amp; Thais Morell (V1757-2014) li>
- Cd Ruzafa ensemble compositions and directed by Albert Sanz li>
- Cd Elektrik Jazz Mantra compositions and directed by Santi Navalón li>
- Cd Victor Jiménez & amp; friends Sponsored by Jaume I University of Castellón as a result of having won the V Castelló Jazz Competition in 2014 li>
- Cd Victor Jiménez & amp; friends 2 Live at Jimmy Glass Jazz Bar (2017) li> ul>
Awards and distinctions
- Winner of the V Castelló International Jazz Competition organized by the UJI (Jaume I University of Castellón) with Víctor Jiménez Quintet li>
- Jazz Compas Magazine Special Award (promotional tour in the spring of 2017) li>
- Best composition award at the International Johnny Raducanu Festival li> ul>